Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday, 7/31/09

Metro decided to close out July on a high note.

i heard yesterday there was a fire on the orange line and metro center was filled with smoke?!

and today - Waited 7 minutes for orange line train today - train is packed when it arrives. We get stuck outside Clarendon for about 20 minutes b/c a train that is offloading there and needs to turn around. We get to Clarendon and there's a mass of people waiting there, who all try to board our already packed train. Train proceeds to move verrrry slowly for the duration of the trip to Metro Center.

I get on red line, and sit across from a crazy guy without knowing it.
Crazy guy, slurring: "hey... hey, i was on that red line train that crashed on june 27, no 22, no...whatever. it was wild man. i can't believe i'm back on here. i'm stupid. no, metro is stupid...whatever. hey have you seen that billboard? i think its FUNNY, hahahaha"
me: "wow, yeah", nod, smile politely
crazy guy, slurring: "oh, i can see that i'm BOTHERING you. well excuuuse me. i mean, we might as well talk before we die right?" -- turns to some ghetto fabuluos girls sitting behind me w/ a baby: "hey. hey i was on that red line train that crashed on june 20....something. it was crazy. red line is terrible. hey you got a baby."
-- girls nod at him then go back to conversation.
crazy guy: "it's like i'm talking to a BRICK WALL here!"
--metro operator: "excuse me folks, we're going to be holding here an additional 2 minutes for schedule adjustment"
--crazy guy: "AHHHH, NOOOO, dammit!!!!" stands up and starts kicking the wall. "man, i hate the metro, just one more stop, that's all that I needs." --leans out of the door and starts banging on the side of the train "COME ON.. LET'S GO!"
--train starts moving, guy puts a cigarette in his mouth and lights it the second the doors open at the next stop..which was also luckily the same stop i got off at... yay.

a very interesting morning, overall. And sorry, crazy guy. I know it was probably a little rude of me to not engage in lenghty conversation with you, but frankly, I don't feel I'm obliged to talk to crazy guys on the metro when I'm traveling as a female by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment