Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday, 7/28/09

Waited 9 minutes for an orange line train this morning before 9am. Train arrived packed to the gills as expected. Would have waited for the next one except.... another train wasn't coming for ELEVEN MINUTES. ugh. So I spent an uncomfortable ride squished up against strangers all bitching about the metro.
One girl to her friend: "Was there a back up or something?"
Her friend: "haha probably not - welcome to the orange line!"

On a side note, I experienced one of my biggest metro pet peeves today - when people lean up against the poles everyone else is supposed to hang onto. This fat guy was leaning against the main pole right in the middle with his fat girlfriend leaning up against him, and they were spooning (in line at theme parks style). how sweet. barf. Especially because their fatness was pressed up against my hand trying to hold onto the pole. icky. my usual strategy against this is to grip the pole and have my knuckles stick out a little extra - right into their backs. they usually get the picture. this guy didn't - probably couldn't feel it through his fat.

one time i found myself with my hand tangled up in this girl's long, curly hair (note, my hand was there first and she leaned against the pole with her head right where my hand was and spilled her hair all over me - gross). i just made sure to grab on extra tight and she didn't look very happy when the train came to a sudden screeching halt and she fell forward (b/c she wasn't holding on...) with her hair still tangled up in my hand...oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment